COPY EDITING, PROOFREADING & GHOSTWRITING
Advancing Your Mission Through Story and Strategy
Whether you need extensive editing work or a quick proofread, Michelle Rayburn's years of learning the craft of writing will go to work for you. She will give you suggestions for ways you can strengthen your content and fix weak sentence structure. She'll track changes so you can approve changes.
Michelle areas of editing expertise:
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Christian Writer's Manual of Style
- Christian living books and self-help
- Christian ministry and leadership books
- Bible study and commentary
- Contemporary fiction (copy editing, not structure or plot)
· Typographical errors
· Formatting consistency
Note: many authors ask for a proofread but really need a copy edit.
· All of the proofreading tasks
· Word choice
· Point of view
· Sentence structure
· Substantive and copy edit tasks
· Restructuring for transitions
· Organization of content
· Restructuring for presentation
This is essentially helping an author clean up a manuscript and getting raw material into better shape for publishing.
Ghostwriting is quoted out on a per-case basis since every project is different. Please contact me to chat more about helping you with ghostwriting a book.
As a ghostwriter, I will spend time with you to interview you, gather content, and get a feel for your voice. Then I will write and edit to get your book ready for a publisher.
I track actual hours used for every edit or proofread. If your manuscript is cleaner than expected and uses less of my time than I expected, I will offer a rebate in the form of a credit on your final invoice for the amount billed over the fair price. You will not pay more than what I provide in an estimate, but you could potentially pay less.
- Book editing is billed by the word
- Proofread - $0.01 to 0.018 per word
- Copy edit (most typical) - $0.02 to 0.032 per word, depending on the amount of editing needed, the number of references to check, the amount of formatting help needed, etc.
- Book doctoring - quoted by the project
- Smaller projects (articles, blogs) are billed by the hour with a $40 minimum per project.
We reserve the right to evaluate the content of materials before entering into an agreement for editing services. Content or subject matter that does not align with our mission and values will be kindly declined.